Date: Saturday, 7th September 2019
Location: Mitchell House, Polokwane
Organisers: SACEE Polokwane
Chief Adjudicator: Kyle Lyle and Mapitsi Tladi
Round 1: This house would ban research leading towards biologically or technologically enhanced humans.
Round 2: This house believes that major film and television awards should abolish award categories separated by gender.
Round 3: This house would prohibit private ownership of art that is deemed to be culturally or historically significant.
Final: This house would make recipients of welfare conditional to passing a financial test.
Round 1: This house believes that governments should break-up Amazon Inc. (Prepared)
Round 2: This house believes that the public should directly vote for winning individuals for popular awards shows (i.e. Grammy’s and Oscars) as opposed to an Academy Selection Committee.
Round 3: This house regrets the commercialisation of political social movements e.g. gay pride and women’s’ marches.
Final: This house supports South Africa’s decision to use the military to fight against gangsterism in the Western Cape.
Hall of Fame – Junior
- Champions Taxila Secondary School
- 1st Runner-up Capricorn High School
- 2nd Runner-up Hoërskool Noorderland
- Best Speakers (shared first place) Mantsi Maremane (Capricorn High School) and Gundo Mukwevho (Capricorn High School)
- 1st Runner-up Mantswi Ramakgolo (Hoërskool Noorderland)
- 2nd Runner-up Keletso Mongatane (Taxila Secondary School) and Dawn Dikgale (Capricorn High School)
Hall of Fame – Senior
- Champion Taxila Secondary School
- 1st Runner-up Hoërskool Noorderland
- 2nd Runner-up Eagle’s Nest Christian School
- Best Speaker Naledi Sebati (Taxila Secondary School)
- 1st Runner-up Tsebo Sekole (Capricorn High School), Alicia Mmethie (Eagle’s Nest Christian School) and Tshegofatso Ledwaba (Hoërskool Noorderland)
- 2nd Runner-up Dichochi Ramotlou (Hoërskool Noorderland)